Monthly Wrap-Ups: September 2017

No comments:

ARI'S MONTHLY WRAP-UP
Hey guys! September was such a weird month for me because the first half was a blur and the second half was filled with new adventures. I left the tri-state area for the first time ever to visit my cousins in Maryland and while I had a lot of fun, I definitely am a city girl at heart. It was so different being out in an area with ACTUAL trees and not fake ones put up by the city. I also went hiking for the first time ever and I almost died (dramatics). Maryland was a lot of fun but I'm happy to be back in NYC.

The weather in NYC has also been funky as hell. I thought fall had arrived yet we still have 80 degree weather. Like I'm trying to look cute with my boots and leather jacket but it's not happening. Hopefully things cool down in October because I'm tired of the heat.

WHAT I READ
33296129 35911393 29863311 25128811 25802043
35617202 26185583 32308033 26570784 30372977 29483226 35155484 33831652 35517072 36225141 34642932 23286982 36307237 35527001    
I read a total of 19 books this month. Some were better than others, but overall it wasn't a bad reading month. Britt introduced me to the Ice Planet Barbarians series by Ruby Dixon and I AM OBSESSED! I don't even like science fiction books, but the blue aliens are so lovable I just cannot. My favorite book this month is Still by Kennedy Ryan. Gripstol is everything...LIKE EVERYTHING and if you haven't read the Grip series yet you are missing out on the BEST ROMANCE SERIES of 2017.



OCTOBER MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASES
 30962267 33280872 36268854 34099086 21428058
There are so many books releasing in October and I can't keep up. I didn't even add some books because there are no covers yet. October is gonna be both a blessing and a curse and hopefully I find time to read all these books.

BRITT'S MONTHLY WRAP-UP
TIME TO GET SPOOKY BOOK BITCHES!! 

 The world may be an absolute shit ass dumpster fire, Texas is still hot af, and 2017 has somehow passed us in the blink of an eye, but hey it's October!! I LOVE the fall and winter months so I'm so hella hyped that we're getting into all the good seasons (if only Texas would get the memo and chill out😒😩)

As long as I pull out the fall deco and books and just wish for cool weather, then it'll be possible lmao. And surprisingly we have had a day or too that were kinda chill so it's already working yasssss!!


WHAT I READ
Passion & Venom (Venom, #1) Venom & Ecstasy (Venom, #2) Degradation (The Kane Trilogy, #1) Separation (The Kane Trilogy, #2) Drumline Rhythm King (King, #1) Tyrant (King, #2) Still (Grip, #2)
I read a total of 9 books this month, which is a lot for me so yaaayyyyy!! I'm obviously catching up to Ari and her superhuman reading speeds and she better watch her back lmao. But to be completely honest with y'all I had a pretty shitty reading month despite reading more books than usual😔😭I feel like I had more flops than hits and my little reading heart is so hurt. I think a lot of it has to do with me having read the romance and NA genre for so long now that I have a definite knowledge of what I like and dislike. Not saying I'm tired of the genres, but I think I can be a bit more picky now of what I like and don't and I think it's a great thing because I feel like my tastes have become more refined in a way (if that makes sense but I'm sure it doesn't haha). Thank goodness for my two faves Kennedy and Mandi for releasing some hits for me because I honestly needed them!! And I'm still completely ruined by Still but imma pull through lol. I'm hoping that a switch up in books for October will lead to more hits, so stay tuned!!

OCTOBER MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASES
Sick Fux Most of All You Forever Right Now
I don't usually add books here because I've been so bad at keeping up or knowing future releases for books lately, but I want to get back in the habit of keeping up with them. Sick Fux sounds like a really dark read that could be perfect for this month. I love Mia Sheridan's writing so I'm always excited to see a new release from her, Emma Scott quickly became a favorite author of mine this year so I'm heavily anticipating her newest release because the plot has me so hooked!!

SEPTEMBER REVIEWS

SEPTEMBER MEMES, TAGS & DISCUSSIONS


That is all for the month of September. Feel free to check out any of the above posts mentioned if you haven’t done so already.
Let us know in the comments which October releases you all are most excited for!

No comments:

Post a Comment