Hate-to-Love Romances and a Mediocre One || Mini Reviews

No comments:
TWISTED TWOSOME by MEGHAN QUINN
★★★★
35521023
“Be flawsome, Racer, because honestly I wouldn't expect anything less from you.”
When Meghan Quinn announced that she was writing Racer's story next, my stalker fangirl mode was immediately activated. I've been dying to know more about the Little Debbie snacker ever since we met him in My Best Friend's Ex. I didn't even care about who the heroine would be, I just wanted more Racer. 

Racer McKay is barely making ends meet and the little side jobs he's been taking up aren't doing much to help his financial situation. When he gets a call from Georgiana Westbrook offering him a job as a contractor on a new project, he takes her up on it. But the two can hardly stand to be in the same room with one another so working together is going to be no easy task. Can Racer and Georgiana put their differences aside to get the job done, or will their tempers get the better of them.

This is the third book I've read by Meghan Quinn and I gotta say that I am in love. I love the way she writes her romances, filled with laugh out loud moments but also has moments that are tender and sweet. Twisted Twosome is a hate-to-love about two people from different social classes that end up falling in love. While it starts out funny, filled with lots of pranks and sexual innuendos, the fun and games do come to an end once these two realize that they genuinely care for the other. Let me tell y'all, once all that sexual tension between these two was finally relieve I was so happy because my babies were finally happy. It was so cute.

I adore Racer. So much. He almost topped Andrew as being my fave hero by Meghan Quinn but I can't quit Andrew just yet. But Racer is a close second. We know him as the funny guy who has a truck filled with Little Debbie snacks, but the dude has layers. I was so taken aback by Racer and his struggles and it was what made me love him even more. I was on the fence about Georgiana for the first half of the book. Though she may come from money, Georgiana believes in independence and hard work and pushes forward with making her dreams come true, even if that means going against her father's wishes. I ended up loving her by the end and I thought that she was the perfect match for Racer. I'm so excited for Aaron's book next. He's the shiest of all the guys so far, but I bet he's wild as fuck. It's always the quiet ones that end up surprising you most. 
CRAVE: PART ONE by E.K. BLAIR
★★
34929050
There's nothing I could give that would ever be wasted on you.
E.K. Blair is well-known for her dark, erotica romances that usually have me throwing my eReader across the room. So when I heard that she was writing a contemporary romance, I was all ears. I was curious to see how her writing would differ and to see if she could pull off a sweeter type of romance.

The story begins with Adaline, the new girl who just moved to Florida with her mother. She runs into Kason in the school parking lot and the two end up hitting it off. Kason and Adaline start spending more time together and find themselves falling for the another. But Kason has a secret. He has a craving that can't be satisfied and if he's not careful, it could ruin the one thing he cares about the most.

While Crave is a contemporary romance, it does have a touch of darkness to it. This book deals with some dark subject matter, like addiction and sexual assault, so fair warning. To be honest, I liked Crave when I first started it. But as the story went on, I found myself losing interest and not really caring about what was going happen next. The writing was just very dry and the POVs were monotone. Like, I'm used to being shook as fuck when reading a book by Blair, but I was just bored with this one.

I didn't really care for either of our characters. I don't think Adaline knows who she is without Kason. Once she and Kason get together, he basically becomes her whole world and she spends majority of her time waiting for him to get off work so they can be together. I don't like heroines like this. Imma need her to find something to do with her time. I also felt like we didn't get enough POVs with Kason. I wanted to get to know him better and to see him struggling with his addiction. I'm hoping we get more of him in the sequel. The ending was just a bit much to be honest. Like why did we even need to go with that twist?! Hopefully Crave: Part Two will be a lot better than this book.
HATE TO WANT YOU by ALISHA RAI
★★★★
29422692
“Everywhere. That's the problem. I want you everywhere, and I always will.”
I've seen many bloggers raving about this romance and enemies-to-lover is one of my favorite tropes, so I decided to give this new-to-me author a try. Y'all, I am dead because this book is probably one of the best enemies-to-lovers romances I've ever read and if you don't already have it on your TBR, you are missing out on one hell of a read. 

Olivia Kane and Nicholas Chandler have a deal: for one night every year, the two will meet to share a moment of intimacy and then go there separate ways. Then one year Olivia doesn't show up. When she returns home after her mother falls ill, Nicholas seeks her out to get answers about why she never showed. A flame is ignited and these two find it harder and harder to stay away from one another. But there's only one thing stopping them from being together: their families.

LAAWWDDD, THIS BOOK! Alisha Rai needs to supply Victoria Secret gift cards with the purchase of each book for all the panties she's about to ruin. I'm not even kidding because this book was HOT AS HELL! Hate To Want You is a modern-day Romeo and Juliet story with forbidden lovers and a feuding family. All the tension in this book killed me. The family tension, the sexual tension, the lies, the secrets... I was addicted. Alisha Rai's writing is amazing. I have so many quotes highlighted because she is a genius at one-liners that will make your heart melt. 

Olivia is my new favorite heroine. She is a tatted-up badass who's been on the run for far too long. She loves deeply, yet it is that same love that ends up burning her in the end. Nicholas is a little sly motherfucker. I initially thought he was like the good-guy type, but the dude has a filthy mouth on him. What I liked about both Nicholas and Olivia is the fact that despite their strenuous relationships with their parents, they still cared about them and tried their best to fix their relationships with their parents. The chemistry between this pair is volcanic! When things erupt...let's just say there ain't anything putting that mess out. Honestly, don't read this book in public or you will end up like me and look like a cherry tomato. I'm extremely hyped for the sequel. I'll admit that I do have my hesitations because I'm not a fan of the particular trope, but I've been told that it's handled very well so let's see if it can top Hate To Want You.


No comments:

Post a Comment