Palm South University || Series Review

No comments:


28949245  35693821  35331346
SERIES: Palm South University
AUTHOR: Kandi Steiner
Add to Goodreads

A few weeks ago we decided to buddy-read the Palm South University series by Kandi Steiner after the third book in the series released. We've both seen the series being hyped up on Instagram and Goodreads and our curiosity got the best of us so we thought what the hell. Little did we know that this series would end up taking over our lives for three days and leave us begging for more. So grab some popcorn and relax as we spill all the tea about what's going down at Palm South University.


W E L C O M E  T O  P A L M  S O U T H  U N I V E R S I T Y


Ari: I didn't know what to expect when I first started this series. I know a lot of people have said that this series is basically reality TV in book form, but that can either be a good thing or bad thing, it all depends on the reader. For me,  it was a really good thing. I think the Palm South University series would be best described as a mix between MTV's Laguna Beach and ABC's Greek. Beach life meets Greek life. The series is told through seven POVs and it did take some time to adjust to all of them, but once I got a feel for who was who, I found myself breezing through the chapters. Each character have their own distinct voice so I didn't have any issues with mixing people up. The series is very over-the-top and somewhat cheesy, but I won't say that it is predictable. Kandi does a great job at throwing in twists so you will always be kept on your toes. So if you're like me, then you may want to strap your eReader to your hand because you will want to throw it across the room from time to time.

Britt: Confession time. I LIVE for trashy reality tv shows y'all. The Hills, Love and Hip Hop, Jersey Shore, Basketball Wives. I just love escaping into their drama fest filled lives for an hour every week and PSU gave me that, just in book form. Like Ari said this series was major hyped on Instagram with the pending release of the third book, and if I'm being completely honest I tend to take a lot of bookstagram hyped books with a grain of salt nowadays, so I was a bit nervous to go into this series, but bittttcchhhhh I am so glad we read this!! It had everything you could want, drama, romance, smut, drama, friendships, scandal, and did I say drama?? I was HOOKED from the the beginning because these people had some good shit going on in their lives and I was highly entertained!!

 (This was me with every turn of the page, soaking up all the tea)


T H E  S T U D E N T S

Ari: This series is told through the POVs of our seven main characters: Cassie, Bear, Jess, Skyler, Erin, Ashlei, and Adam. Cassie, Jess, Skyler, Erin and Ashlei are all sisters in Kappa Kappa Beta. Clinton, who goes by Bear, is a brother in Omega Chi Beta and Adam in a brother in Alpha Sig. I admit, I do have favorites when it comes group. Lei and Erin are my two faves. Ironically, I didn't even like Erin in the first book because I thought she was a bit stuck up, but after getting to know her better in the sequel, I totally understand why she's a hard ass. I want nothing but good things for her because she deserves it. Lei is my lil wild child. I love her so much and her POV has got to be the most entertaining for me. I have a love/hate relationship with Bear, Jess and Skyler. I like Jess, but sometimes I just feel like she's a bit too needy. The thing I love most about Bear and Skyler is their relationship. These two are thick as thieves and it's refreshing to read about a boy and girl who have strong, platonic relationship. Adam and Cassie stay working my nerves. These two really need to get it the fuck together because I'm tired of these games. Despite my individual feelings for each character, I love the bond between them. If something happens to one person, they all have that person's back. They may fight with each other, but they also fight for each other. These characters make me wish that I had gone to a college that had an active Greek Life. I wanna be part of the fam too! *CRIES*

Britt: Since Ari already laid out the characters for us I'm going to just dive right into the good part. Who I loved and who I wanna drag.
As far as characters that I liked I loved me some Bear, he could get it lmao!! He was such a teddy bear when it came to the people closest to him, but he also knew how and when to turn up that sexy charm!! Ashlei was someone that in the beginning I wasn't sure if I would like but the more we read from her the more she grew on me, I think her character growth from book 1 to book 3 was really good, and I can't wait to see what's in store for her. And I have to agree with Ari about Erin, at first I wasn't so sure about her but by the end of each book I loved her more and more. She is the definition of "don't judge a book by it's cover" and I NEED her to get some much deserved goodness in her life. SHE DESERVES OK?!

And agreeing with Ari again I LOVED the friendship between Bear and Skyler!! It's not very often that you get such platonic relationships between the opposite sexes in a romance book, and reading it was so refreshing. Their friendship was so easy between the two and even if they had issues they worked them out together. They both went so hard to protect and look out for one another and honestly everyone deserves a Bear and Skyler in their lives, In the beginning I really enjoyed Jess as a character because she was so headstrong and knew wtf she wanted out of life, especially where her men were concerned, but by book three she started working my nerves a bit because of the shit she did not only to her own relationship, but to others. Sure she was all sad and depressed about her boo, but boo or not there's just some stuff you don't do to the people you claim as your friends.

As far as characters I didn't like they would without a doubt have to be Cassie and Adam!! It got to the point where every time they popped up on the page my eyes would roll so far back in my head and my face would screw ALL the way up!!

I meannnnnnn there were so many times I just wanted to either slap them both so they could make a damn decision or push them together because they frustrated me to no end!!In the end everyone brought the drama and scandal no matter how much they pissed me off sometimes so just be prepared to be ready to fight some of these characters lmao!!

D R A M A .  L I E S .  S E X .

Ari: Lawwwwdd, let me tell y'all, Kandi does not hold back when it comes to the sex, lies and drama. EVERY. DAMN. CHAPTER. ENDS. WITH. A. TWIST. But all the twists and turns is what makes this book so addicting and why I had a hard time putting it down. The drama is just straight up crack in word formation. I ate up every last word. There are so many lies and secrets. Just when I think I have everyone figured out, another secret slips out and it leaves me sitting here like wtf??!! Then there are the romances. EVERYONE IS HOOKING UP WITH THE WRONG PERSON. I swear, don't ship anyone when reading this series because they will most likely end up breaking up and it will leave you more heartbroken than the actual characters.

Britt: What Ari said times 1,000!! NOBODY IS WITH THE PERSON YOU SHIP THEM WITH WTF?! I'm pretty sure my damn blood pressure went the fuck up because NO BITCHES YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE WITH THEM!! Not one ship was fulfilled the way you expected them to be!!

The drama was HEAVY with this series and I loved it fam!! The books never got stale or boring because some shit was always popping off no matter what, and the sexy times were on point too!! Who doesn't like to get their drama and sexy all in one hahahah!!

E X P E C T A T I O N S  F O R  S E A S O N  F O U R

Ari: The ending of Season Three left things open for so many possibilities that I don't really know what to expect with the next season. But I do have some ideas of what I want to at least see happen. My girl Erin has been through the ringer in the last two seasons and I want to finally see her happy. She literally deserves the world after everything she has been through. I also want Lei to find someone who she can actually be with without there being drama. Lei is a sweetheart and loves fiercely and I think it would nice to see her find someone she can be happy with. I know Jess about to wild the fuck out after the way her story ended so I'm sure she'll be bringing the drama. And please, can Cassie and Adam finally get their shit together because I'm tired of the hot and cold bullshit. These two make my head hurt so much. 

Britt: First of all Erin DESERVES y'all!! She deserves all the good to come and push all the way through for her dammit!! And if I have to hop in the book and whoop some ass for her to be happy then so be it.

I also have someone I want Lei to be with so hopefully that happens, and I need Jess to chill out a bit because she showing out too much, and if she keep it up I won't claim her anymore lmao!! I want Bear to be so happy too because he really deserves it as well, and I have two possible things I want to happen for him so fingers crossed!! Cassie and Adam better get they shit together though otherwise Imma do it for them and it definitely won't be pretty. Idk if I can take any more of the wishy washy, back and forth they've been doing. Me and Ari can't handle no more man.


O V E R A L L  T H O U G H T S

Ari: The Palm South University series is my new favorite addiction. I'm literally stalking Kandi Steiner's updates about Season Four because I gotta have more. I need more drama. More parties. More crazy shenanigans. More friendship. More romance. I just want more of everything and I can't wait to see what situations these characters find themselves in next. If you're looking for a fun and entertaining read, look no further because the Palm South University has it all!

Britt: Thank you to Kandi for writing the addiction that is Palm South University, I lost about 3 days of my life to this series because I could not, and would not put my kindle down for anything!! (also excuse my ratchetness and strong feelings for Cassie and Adam hahaha). I need Season Four immediately (no rush, but also kinda), so that I can get my drama fix again and get my life!! If you need something that will hook you from beginning to end and have you entertained for your entire reading experience then look no further than the PSU series!!

R A T I N G


Ari's Rating: ★★ 


Britt's Rating: ★★






No comments:

Post a Comment