Best Leading Ladies || The Best of 2017

No comments:
WELCOME TO THE BEST OF 2017

With the end of the year upon, we've decided to share some of our favorites for the year of 2017. For the next five days, we will be posting THE BEST OF 2017 for five categories. Today, we're listing the BEST LEADING LADIES for 2017 AND they will be in no particular order because there's already so much pressure to narrow our list down to only a few choices, it would be even more of a struggle to decide which female lead gets the top spot. Without further ado, let's get to the winners!

ARI'S PICKS
34642932

Character with the most growth throughout a series has got to go to Bristol Gray. Not gonna lie, she was very naive when we first met her but she's grown so much and has come to understand the struggles people of color face everyday. She is not a woman to be trifled with and will give you hell if you hurt the ones she loves. I admire Bristol's strength because most people would've thrown in the towel when the going got tough, but she stood up to those who doubted her relationship with Marlon and I have the utmost respect for a woman like her.    

28497297

Poppy Cruz is hands-down my favorite heroine ever. LIKE EVER! The girl went through hell and back, lost herself, almost fucking died and she came out a winner by the end. She earned her damn happily-ever-after and I was so happy to see her finally move on with her life and learn how to love again with some help from Wheeler. I'M CRYING ALL OVER AGAIN JUST THINKING ABOUT THEM! 

30962267

Helena Ross is one of the most complex heroines I've read about this year. She's a character you will either love or hate, but her story moved me to tears and even though she may have gotten on my nerves a few times, I have a lot of respect for her. I don't want to give away anymore details to ruin this book so just go read it to meet her yourselves.

30631124

Lily Lamprey has to be one of the most underestimated characters I have ever met. Dare I say that I too underestimated her. People write her off as being nothing more than a pretty face, but the girl has layers and peel back those layers and you’ll find a person who is determined to prove everyone wrong. Her never-give-up attitude is what I loved most about her and more people need to read this book so they too can see how amazing Lily is! 

34217566

I loved Sadia the moment she was introduced in Hate to Want You and I was so excited to see her get a second shot at love. She is such a great mama and a supportive sister and is willing to help anyone who asks. Sadia also has a wild side, which I was totally here for but I think her flaws are what I love most about her because they make her so relatable. There is no one who will be able to resist Sadia's charm and y'all definitely need to add this book to your TBR if you haven't done so already!

BRITT'S PICKS
34642932
Bristol Gray

Y'all are probably getting tired of me and Ari having the same thing on our first picks but I'M SORRY Y'ALL BUT THESE ARE OUR BABIES OK!!

But seriously though the growth in Bristol from Flow to Grip is just AMAZING!! In a time where people shy away from race relations and anything having to do with other cultures, Bristol made it her mission to understand Grip as best as she could!! She was determined to always learn about different issues that were important to him, and she always made an effort no matter how hard it was. She really and truly loved everything about Grip, even if it took a bit for her to understand something, and I really admire the growth in her from beginning to end. 

Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1)
Kacey Dawson


Kacey went through A LOT!! Like

A

LOT!

And even though she had to stumble and struggle a bit she was able to pull herself up and live another day. When she loved someone she loved hard, she was tough, but she also had a lot of venerability about her that showed that she was still human, Hell, everything she went through and overcame showed she was a human with faults, and she never let anything hold her back. Her strength and resiliency was so great and she deserved all the happiness!! 



I wanna be like Nicole when I grow up!! Seriously y'all I loved her sooooo much!! She was a confident black women that went after every single one of her goals, and she didn't let anyone, or anything stop her!! She was headstrong in everything she did, and her fierce determination was EVERYTHING!! Plus she got Jordan!! I feel like although Romance is becoming more diverse, there is still a ways to go, but thank goodness for the great characters that we are getting. There's nothing like reading about a character that looks like YOU, talks like YOU, and that YOU can totally relate too!! Nicole never stopped the fact that she was a woman, let alone a black woman stop hold her back in her male dominated field and I think it's so important to showcase that type of character in a genre geared towards women. 


Kennedy became one of my favorite characters this year and I loved everything about her. She was a character that gave to others so freely and so selflessly, and never once stopped to worry about herself. She sacrificed so much to give her daughter the best life possible filled with all the love she could give, and when Jonathan came back into their lives, she put aside her feelings on their history so that their daughter could get to know her father. I loved seeing her change and open up as the story progressed and and I urge everyone to read this so they can experience all the feels!!

Forever Right Now 

Darlene was not only hilarious but she had the biggest heart of gold. She was a flawed woman with a past but she refused to let it hold her back, and she refused to let anyone else judge her by it. The way that she not only loved Sawyer with all of his grumpiness and slowness to open up, but she selflessly loved his daughter as well. I don't think Sawyer could've fell for a more perfect woman, and the little family they all created seriously had me tearing up!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment