Royally Endowed || Book Review

No comments:

30176334
Title: Royally Endowed
Author: Emma Chase
Series: Royally
Publication Date: August 14, 2017
Publisher: Emma Chase LLC
Links: Goodreads || Amazon || Barnes & Noble 

Rating: ★★
Synopsis via Goodreads: Logan St. James is a smoldering, sexy beast. Sure, he can be a little broody at times—but Ellie Hammond’s willing to overlook that. Because, have you seen him?? 

Sexy. As. Hell.

And Ellie’s perky enough for both of them.

For years, she’s had a crush on the intense, gorgeous royal security guard—but she doesn’t think he ever saw her, not really.

To Logan, Ellie was just part of the job—a relative of the royal family he’d sworn to protect. Now, at 22 years old and fresh out of college, she’s determined to put aside her X-rated dreams of pat-downs and pillow talk, and find a real life happily ever after.

The Queen of Wessco encourages Ellie to follow in her sister’s footsteps and settle down with a prince of her own. Or a duke, a marquis…a viscount would also do nicely.

But in the pursuit of a fairy tale ending, Ellie learns that the sweetest crushes can be the hardest to let go.
***
Logan St. James grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, in a family on the wrong side of the law. But these days, he covers his tattoos and scars with a respectable suit. He’s handsome, loyal, brave, skilled with his hands and…other body parts.

Any woman would be proud to call him hers.

But there’s only one woman he wants.

For years he’s watched over her, protected her, held her hair back when she was sick, taught her how to throw a punch, and spot a liar.

He dreams of her. Would lay down his life for her.

But beautiful Ellie Hammond’s off-limits.

Everybody knows the bodyguard rules: Never lose focus, never let them out of your sight, and never, ever fall in love.
 
After it was announced that the final book in the Royally series would be about Ellie Hammond and Logan St. James, I was bursting at the seams with excitement and eagerly counting down the days for when Royally Endowed would land on my eReader. While I enjoyed the previous two books in this series, there was just something about Logan that sparked my curiosity and I knew for a fact that his book would end up being my favorite in the series.

Royally Endowed takes us back to the beginning, to when Olivia and Nicholas officially began their relationship and Logan St. James is assigned to be the bodyguard of Olivia's younger sister, Ellie Hammond. While she may be only seventeen, Ellie has a lot on her plate as she strives to maintain straight A's while running the family coffee shop. Luckily she has a few people to help her out, including Logan who she's become quite smitten with. But Ellie knows that he would never cross that line, so she keeps her feelings to herself. As the years go by, Logan watches young Ellie grow up into a young, independent woman and he finds that he can no longer deny his attraction to her. Falling in love was never part of the plan, especially when that person is the one person he can't have. Can Logan protect the girl who owns his heart, or will royal circumstances put an end to things before they even begin?


" S O  I T ' S  L I K E  A . . . Y O U  J U M P ,  I  J U M P ,  J A C K  A N D  R O S E  K I N D  O F  T H I N G ? "
" N O . "  I  T A K E  H E R  H A N D  I N  M I N E ,  B R U S H I N G  M Y  T H U M B  A G A I N S T  H E R  K N U C K L E S .
" Y O U  J U M P . . .  A N D  I ' L L  B E  T H E R E  T O  C A T C H  Y O U . "

When I started Royally Endowed late one night, I only had the intention of reading the first few chapters. I somehow managed to finish this book in one sitting and was a total mess at one in the morning! I knew this book was going to be my favorite, but I still didn't expect to love it this much. Royally Endowed went above and beyond my expectations and I honestly just want to binge-read this series from the start just to experience all these emotions again. One of my favorite things about this book is that Chase includes the previous two couples into the mix. We get to catch up with Nicholas and Olivia and Henry and Sarah and see their relationship grow and evolve. We get to see them start families and deal with the responsibilities of leading a country. This just showed that this series is not only about royalties falling in love, but it's also about family and the bond between characters that can never be broken. I so want to be apart of this family! There's also a mystery thrown into this book and while I had figured out how things were going to play out very early on, it didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the story. 

" E L L I E  I S  M I N E  T O  H A V E  A N D  T O  H O L D .  T O  S A V E  A N D  K E E P .  F O R E V E R  A N D  A L W A Y S . "

EMMA CHASE HAS ROYALLY RUINED ME WITH ELLIE AND LOGAN'S ROMANCE! Like how am I suppose to move on after reading a book like this? Okay, so I'm being a bit dramatic but y'all I cried all the tears for Ellie and Logan. Ellie is a free-spirited old soul and one of the kindest character I've ever read about. She loves fiercely and will protect her family, even if that means putting herself in harms way. Logan is my new baby boo. LOGAN FUCKING ST. JAMES is just everything and I want him! He had a rough childhood and he puts up walls to protect himself. But his walls don't stand a chance against Ellie and she manages to soften his heart and helped him to open up. I don't think I've said this before, but romances that take place over a span of years are one of my favorites and I liked the fact that it took years until Ellie and Logan finally got to be together. The wait, the angst, the obstacles...they were all worth it in the end and I couldn't ask for a more beautiful ending to one of my new favorite series.

" L O V E  I S N ' T  A  C U R E ;  I T  D O E S N ' T  M A G I C A L L Y  S O L V E  E V E R Y  P R O B L E M . 
B U T  I T  M A K E S  S O L V I N G  T H O S E  P R O B L E M S  W O R T H  I T . 
L O V E  I S  O U R  I N S P I R A T I O N ,  O U R   M O T I V A T I O N . . . A N D  O U R  R E W A R D . "

Royally Endowed is a slow-burning romance filled with passion, family and love. It is truly one of the finest romances I've read this year. I love this story to bits and would totally be down for expanding the series...I mean Tommy deserves some loving too, am I right? If you haven't picked up this series already, then what are you waiting for? Go read it...NOW!

" H A P P I L Y  E V E R  A F T E R  I S N ' T  J U S T  F O R  R O Y A L T Y . . . H A P P Y  E N D I N G S  A R E  F O R  A L L  O F  U S . "



No comments:

Post a Comment