Hello Fall!! October TBR and Recommendations

No comments:
Hello book lovers and happy fall and October time!! I'm sure that we all are hella excited to be in October and devour all the scary things


Today I thought it would be fun and helpful to share some of the books on my tbr for this month and share some of my recommendations. I always look forward to October because I love switching up my reads to reflect the mood.

I wanted to get this up early enough for you all to try some of these books out, and hopefully get the mood going for the month lol. 

Recommendations

Thicker Than Blood (Thicker Than Blood, #1) Beneath Blood and Bone (Thicker Than Blood, #2)

My first few recommendations are some of my faves because of what they center on. Zombie apocalypse!! I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead and after every long hiatus waiting for the next season to premiere, I'm always looking for a zombie fix by the time August hits (seriously the wait from February to October is just plain cruel).  Thicker Than Blood and Beneath Blood and Bone are not only two of my ALL time favorite books, but also two of mt fave zombie books!! They both really focus each character's survival during the apocalypse, and what survival means for them, because it's different for everyone. The character development in them is so damn good, and the intense grittiness, and edge of your seat suspense will make TWD fans insanely happy to have their fix again. Plus the romance is spot on too, but it doesn't overshadow the survival aspects. Also there was supposed to be a third book in this series released a few years ago, but nada, I really REALLY hope the authors deliver it because I need more from this world!!

Broken World (Broken World, #1) Shattered World (Broken World, #2) 

The Broken World series is one I discovered a few years ago when I was on the quest for some zombie books during yet another long wait for a new Walking Dead season. It was so random stumbling upon it on Amazon, but I decided to go ahead and give it a chance since it was on KU, and I ended up really liking it. I liked the take it took on the zombie story because the whole shebang starts off just being a bad flu going on, which is how they all go, but in this one people have to have a pass to be able to travel from place to place. Our main character is on a personal mission when she gets paired up with two brothers on the run, and on the way to their journey they discover what's really going on and have to figure out how to survive in this new and deathly world. I only got up to book 2 in this series when I first started it a few years ago, but I'm determined to binge it this month and see how it all goes down and ends.

Donners of the Dead 

Donners of the Dead was something really different, yet not if that makes any sense lmao. But basically it's a zombie book but it also revolves around the Donner Party, it's set in a historical time which was different for me but it was easy for me to get into. Our main character is asked to go on a tracking mission to find missing people up in the mountains where the Donner Party was last located. What is found are people of the undead (snow zombies anyone??). What ensues is a mission of life or death as everyone tries to survive and also try to believe and explain what they're seeing. If you're looking for a bit of a different take on the whole zombie story then definitely check it out.

Into the Light (The Light, #1) Away from the Dark (The Light, #2) 

The Light duology series by Aleatha Romig is also a big favorite of mine after reading the arcs last year!! I was on the edge of my seat from the very first page and I was gripped by the story line from beginning to end. The amount of times that I was shook by these two books is crazy y'all!! The books are psychological thrillers that involve cults and follow a detective looking for her friend after her disappearance, and after noticing a trend of young women disappearing she makes it her mission to investigate and figure out what the hell is going on. The mystery part of these books plays the biggest part of them, but there is still some romance. Even a big romance lover like me that has to have my love front and center appreciated how this was set up. There was a slow burn quality to the writing that sneaks up on you in the best way. Romig really took her time introducing the readers to the world building and characters, and with such intricate details in this book it was so needed. I don't wanna say too much more and give away any plot but trust me, this is a book that will take you on a roller coaster ride!! 


In the Barren Ground 

In the Barren Ground was a bit of a different book for me but it was so good!! Tana Larrson is a rookie cop who's 5 months pregnant and looking for a change in scenery so she can escape her past. She takes a job in a remote town in northern Canada, and ends up becoming the sole cop in the town. When two students are mauled in a vicious attack she enlists the help of Crash to help her solve the case. They both discover that something very evil is responsible and as the investigation go on it becomes a serious game of life or death as they try to save the town, and themselves from harm. The winter atmosphere of this book had me so intrigued, and the surroundings behind the mauling had me so creeped out and ready to see what the hell was going on in the town. Plus the added touch of romance kept my little heart happy.

Vein Of Love (Blackest Gold, #1) 

I read Vein of Love back when it came out and it was pretty good!! Molly Darling finds out she's betrothed to a daemon named Tensley Knight, she also discovers she has some stuff going on with her that she never knew about which results in her being followed by some bad guys. A bit cliche at times, but still an enjoyable intro into the PNR side of NA, plus it has some enemies to lovers/slow burn kinda vibe going on. I would really like to try and continue on with the series and see how it all goes down and wraps up.

Bad Mommy 

I read Bad Mommy at the beginning of the year and my ass is still shook!! Fig man, that chick was on a whole other fucking level, hell another damn world but damn I love this book!! Her behavior and way of thinking was downright scary and creepy in a way that can be more real life than some of the other books I'm recommending. The psychological aspects and Fig's way of thinking and behaving in the novel are some of the biggest reasons it's on the list, it's the type of creepy that sneaks into your bones and leaves you with chills down your spine.


Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)

 The Penryn and the End of Days trilogy is one that I never thought I would like, but after seeing a few people talk about it a few years ago I decided to go out on a whim and give it a shot. To this day it is still an all time fave YA series of mine (even though I still need to read the last book). After angels have fallen into our world things are hard for everyone who remains. Cites have been destroyed and civilization is hanging on by a thread as they fight to survive an post-apocalyptic world. After Penryn's little sister is taken by a group of angels she has to work with Rafe, and angel who's wings were cut off. The very type of person she has feared in this world is the only one she can trust to help her find her sister. The two set out on a chilling adventure to get back what they love the most. The world building in this book is so fucking good y'all!! I could visualize each and every moment that happened, and the atmosphere left me with chills so many times. And the characterization was so spot on to the point that you could feel the fear and desperation of them all, even the side characters that are introduced. Plus there's this slow burn quality, and dark undertone that make it perfect for fall!! 





OCTOBER TBR


Here's the books I want to try to read for this month. Whether I read some or all of them, I am super excited for them all!! Some of these will be re-reads because I love them so much, and some will be new to me reads that I've waited to get to for awhile now because I knew this would be the best moody time for it. Most of these are series that I want to binge and continue on (and hopefully finish) for this month. I didn't want to put alllllllll the books for most of the series because they are super long (lol), so I just put the first book of the series mentioned.

 If you've read any of these let me know you're thoughts, and if not let me know which ones you're interested in.


Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1)  Veiled You The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1) Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3) Wicked (A Wicked Saga, #1) He Will Be My Ruin The River at Night Thicker Than Blood (Thicker Than Blood, #1) Beneath Blood and Bone (Thicker Than Blood, #2)
Vein Of Love (Blackest Gold, #1) Broken World (Broken World, #1) Odium (The Dead Saga, #1) 


No comments:

Post a Comment