Atheists Who Kneel and Pray || Book Review

No comments:

35186206
Title: Atheists Who Kneel and Pray
Author: Tarryn Fisher
Publication Date: July 13, 2017
Publisher: Self-published
Links: Goodreads || Amazon || Barnes & Nobles  

Rating: ★★★½
Synopsis via Goodreads: Yara Phillips is a wandering muse.

She dates men who need her, but always moves on to something new, never staying in one place for very long.

David Lisey is in need of a muse.

A talented musician lacking lyrical inspiration. When he first sees her, he knows he's found what he's been looking for.

Yara believes she can give David exactly what he needs to reach his full potential:
A broken heart.

David’s religion is love.

Yara’s religion is heartache.

Neither is willing to surrender, but religion always requires sacrifice.
One can never know to expect when going into a Tarryn Fisher book as she never writes the same story twice. So while I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started Atheists Who Kneel and Pray, I definitely didn't expect to find myself lost in story that left me so emotionally drained that I was begging for more when I got to the end. Once again, Tarryn Fisher has managed to leave me speechless so please excuse this mess that is my review. 

Yara Phillips calls herself a muse as she dates men hoping to bring some sense of meaning to their lives before she moves on to her next destination. David Lisey is a young musician looking for his big break. Yara offers to be David's muse in hopes of inspiring him to write a song that will lead to him to great success. But with success comes sacrifice and for Yara and David these sacrifices might just be the thing that ends up making or breaking their relationship.


I CAN'T BELIEVE TARRYN FISHER WROTE A BOOK THAT MADE ME CRY

description

I've read a number of amazing books for this year, but I can probably count on one hand the amount of books that left me an emotional mess and Atheists Who Kneel and Pray is definitely one of those books. What makes Tarryn's romances stand out among the dozen of romances I've read this year is the writing. There's no cookie cutter sweetness or sexy times that will leave you all hot and bothered. It's all just raw and unfiltered emotions right on the page. Atheists Who Kneel and Pray was thought-provoking and lyrical and I'm pretty sure I highlighted more than half the book. This book ripped me a new one because Tarryn was just giving us the real truth when it comes to love: love is not easy. It requires sacrifice, but in the end it can be so worth it.

Yara Phillips is one of the most unlikable characters I have ever met. She's selfish, guarded and judgmental as hell. She never thinks about the consequences of her actions and I honestly wanted to pull my hair out while reading her POV, but not for the reasons you might think. The thing is, Yara reminds me a lot of myself. Her actions, her thoughts, her feelings, her insecurities felt so very similar to my own that I could not deal. It was like having the ugly truth thrown right in your face and let's be real, no one ever likes having to deal with the ugly truth. So while I couldn't stand being in Yara's head, I very much love her character and I enjoyed seeing her fall down and make mistakes as she tried to figure herself out. As for David, I thought he was a perfect match for Yara. He's the Ying to her Yang. He's caring, passionate and a total sweetheart, even though he did a shitty thing that made me want to slap him (*cough* Petra *cough*). He too undergoes a great amount of growth and I loved the fact that he never gave up on the love he felt for Yara. This romance may be messy as hell, but have some patience because it's all worth it when it comes to these two.

Atheists Who Kneel and Pray is a story written with heart and soul and is probably one of the most profound romances I've read to date. Grab a box of tissues, a bottle of wine and strap your eReaders to your hands my friends because you're not going to want to miss out on this book!



No comments:

Post a Comment