Forever Right Now || Book Review

No comments:

35381123
Title: Forever Right Now
Author: Emma Scott
Publication Date: October 24, 2017
Publisher: Trillian
Links: Goodreads || Amazon 

Ari's Rating: ★★★½
Britt's Rating: ★★

Synopsis via Goodreads: Darlene Montgomery has been to hell and back…more than once. After a stint in jail for drug possession, she is finally clean and ready to start over. Yet another failed relationship is just the motivation she needs to move from New York to San Francisco with the hopes of resurrecting her dance career and discovering that she is more than the sum of her rap sheet. As Darlene struggles in her new city, the last thing she wants is to become entangled with her handsome—but cranky—neighbor and his adorable little girl...

Sawyer Haas is weeks away from finishing law school, but exhaustion, dwindling finances, and the pressure to provide for himself and his daughter, Olivia, are wearing him down. A federal clerkship--a job he desperately needs--awaits him after graduation, but only if he passes the Bar Exam. Sawyer doesn’t have the time or patience for the capricious—if beautiful—dancer who moves into the apartment above his. But Darlene’s easy laugh and cheerful spirit seep into the cracks of his hardened heart, and slowly break down the walls he’s resurrected to keep from being betrayed ever again.

When the parents of Olivia’s absentee mother come to fight for custody, Sawyer could lose everything. To have any chance at happiness, he must trust Darlene, the woman who has somehow found her way past his brittle barbs, and Darlene must decide how much of her own bruised heart she is willing to give to Sawyer and Olivia, especially when the ghosts of her troubled past refuse to stay buried.

EMMA SCOTT HAS LEFT US FOR DEAD WITH HER LATEST HEART-WARMING ROMANCE!

Image result for sobbing rain gif

ARI: I read the Full Tilt duet a few weeks ago and was totally gutted by not one, but two epic love stories. I had so many emotions while reading those books that I didn't think I would be able to read another book by Scott for the rest of the year (dramatics). But when I saw that her newest release had the 'single daddy trope', I knew I had to have it! And of course I wasn't about to endure this heartbreak all by myself so I asked Britt to buddy-read Forever Right Now with me...because who better to suffer with than the person who got me hooked on Scott's books in the first place. 

BRITT: I read the Full Tilt duology at the beginning of this year and I had to suffer all the pain and feels by myself. I had no idea what I would be getting into when I read the story, and my ass binged both books and cried by myself in my room cocooned in my blankets. Naturally I had to tell Ari about it and make her buy the books so she could feel my pain and so we could both be crybabies. And when we saw Emma tweet about Forever Right Now we were reaaadddddyyyyyyy!! All we saw was single daddy and we were down!!

ARI: Forever Right Now is a contemporary romance about new beginnings, love and and the true meaning of family. I'm not going to discuss the plot because it's best to go into this book with as little information as possible but I promise that this book will have you hooked from the start. Scott's writing is on a whole other level and her stories will take you on a journey that you will never forget. Her words are like poetry and I was highlighting and bookmarking every other page just so I could go back to read all my favorite scenes. Darlene and Sawyer's story had my heart in shambles. Their story is not an easy one as there is a lot of pain from both of their pasts that they still need to work through making this a very slow-burning romance. Scott totally slays when it comes to slow-burns and it's one of the reasons why I enjoy her romances so much. The plot twist in this book was a genius move and I never even saw it coming! It shifted the whole tone of the story and had me sitting at the edge of my seat, crossing my fingers for a HEA. I was looking like Rudolph with my nose all red by the time I got to the ending but I assure you that it was totally worth it!


Related image

BRITT: MY HEART IS SO DAMN FULL AND HAPPY!! From the very first page I knew that Forever Right Now would be another one of my faves, and that Emma Scott would continue to cement herself into my favorite authors list. and I'm so happy that I wasn't disappointed or let down. She's one of those authors that can take the most simplistic words and turn them into pure beauty, every word you read instantly transport you into the story and completely captures your heart. I was so extremely hyped when I saw the plot for this one because ya girl loves her some single daddy books. Just something about the hot guy being completely devoted to their kid is soooooooooo cute to see, and Sawyer was a DADDY y'all!! His relationship with Olivia had my heart ready to burst because you could feel every inch of love that he had for his little girl, despite the circumstances. And Darlene is now one of my favorite female characters!! Her outlook on life, her personality, and her determination were all so damn great to see in her. She brought something so great to Sawyer and Olivia's lives and they are all my babies!! 


Plus A fucking plus to Scott for writing a realistic storyline!! I never once felt that things were overly dramatic for no reason or unbelievable. The plot was written and crafted to thoughtfully and I really appreciated that because it made the story feel a million times more authentic.

ARI: Emma Scott writes some of the most complex characters I've ever read about and Darlene Montgomery was no exception. She's an addict in recovery who is trying to get back on her feet and I mean that in the literal sense because she is also a dancer. The thing about Darlene is that despite her excessive baggage, I found her to be very relatable. I've been in a similar place as Darlene, the metaphorical "rock bottom", so I get how hard it can be to pick yourself back up once you've reached that place. Darlene grows so much throughout this story and I loved seeing her learn to love herself and do better for her own self and not because she wanted to please someone else. She has a big heart filled with dreams and a whole lot of love and I was rooting for her to reach her goals by the end.

BRITT: Like I mentioned above Darlene is now one of my favorite female characters!! She was this headstrong, sassy women that wasn't scared to go after what she wanted in life. Because of her past she has decided not to let anything hold her back from changing her life for the better and making her family and most importantly herself proud. Here characterization just like all of Scott's characters was so spot on you'd think they were real people. I loved her drive and how much she loved other people. It didn't matter how long she had known a person, they all became like family to her. Her heart was so pure and she definitely deserved every bit of happiness that she received.

ARI: Sawyer Haas is one of my new favorite heroes and no, it's not because he has photographic memory like me...okay maybe I'm a little partial to him because of that one particular trait but I can't help it dammit! Sawyer is a single father to an adorably smart little girl named Olivia. He balances fatherhood with being a student and never slows down because he wants to provide the best for his little girl. Sawyer comes off as a bit of an asshole in the beginning, but it's all an act. He's a genuine sweetheart and every moment with him and Olivia made my heart burst. SAWYER AND OLIVIA DESERVED THE BEST LIFE AND I WAS READY TO FIGHT ANYONE WHO TRIED TO MESS IT UP! 

BRITT: Sawyer Haas, Sawyer the Lawyer, no matter the name I love him!!

Sawyer was a DADDY!! He was a MAN!! SAWYER COULD GET IT!! But seriously though Sawyer was such a strong character, not many would have done what he did. Hell a lot of men don't. The things that were thrown his way were handled by him no matter the sacrifices that he had to make, no matter how hard and long he had to work. He did whatever it had to take to provide the absolute best care possible for his daughter, and I commend him a million percent for the choices he made. And when the plot twist was revealed I loved him even more!! Sawyer is the ultimate y'all!!

ARI: Forever Right Now is one of the most heartfelt romances I've read this year. Emma Scott broke my heart and put it all back together within a matter of pages which is why she has earned the title of QUEEN OF HEART-WARMING ROMANCES! She has also become an auto-buy author for me and I can't wait to devour her next release! 

BRITT: I was already a huge fan of Scott's after Full Tilt and All In, and I'm an even bigger fan with Forever Right Now!! She is now one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE AUTHORS!! Her words and her stories are so damn good!! They're believable, authentic, soul crushing, and heart-warming!! I got to buy like all her books on sale not too long ago and I will definitely be binging them soon so that I can experience all her other stories and get my life!! There may even be some more buddy reviews and I'm sure tons of buddy reads for us too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment