Miss Fix-It || Book Review

No comments:

36157849
Title: Miss Fix-It
Author: Emma Hart
Publication Date: October 31, 2017
Publisher: Self-published
Links: Goodreads || Amazon || Barnes & Noble 

Rating: ★★
Synopsis via Goodreads: One handywoman.
One single dad.
One set of twins.
And the wall isn’t the only thing being drilled…
I learned the hard way that being a handywoman isn’t easy. The questions, the stares—the assumption I’m the proud owner of a cock and balls. Not that it matters. I’ve proven over and over that I’m ready for anything the judgmental asses throw at me.
Except the hot, single dad of twins who just moved to town.
Brantley Cooper gets the shock of his life when I show up on his doorstep to fix up his kids’ new rooms. His son is confused why ‘the pretty lady has a drill,’ and his daughter has a new obsession—me.
On paper, my job is easy. Go in, do their bedrooms, and leave.
In theory, I’m spending eight hours a day with a guarded, sexy as hell guy, and I’m staying for dinner more often than I’m eating it alone, on my couch, with Friends re-runs.
I shouldn’t be staying for dinner. I shouldn’t be helping him out with the twins. I shouldn’t be falling in love with tiny toes and dimpled cheeks.
And I most definitely should not be kissing my client.
Oops…
I've seen Emma Hart's books floating around my Goodreads feed a few times but I never had the interest to actually pick up her books. That is until Cristina over at My Tiny Obsessions started raving about her upcoming release, Miss Fix-It. At the mention of 'single dad to a set of twins' I was sold! The single dad trope is the only type of 'daddy' trope I fuck with so of course I was all over this book once it released.

Kali Hancock is your friendly neighborhood handywoman who hopes to eventually take over her father's business one day. She gets an email from Brantley Cooper, a single father of twins who has just moved to town. He reaches out to Kali in hopes of hiring her to help him redo the twins' rooms. But when Kali arrives to his house, she's not what he expected. Nevertheless, she gets to work hoping to have the project completed in a few weeks. Slowly but surely, Kali starts to fall for the Brantley and his very loud twins. But she's not one to mix business with pleasure...or is she?

Miss-Fix It has got to be one of the cutest books I've read in months! I was sucked in right from the first sentence and knew that Kali was gonna be the type of heroine I immediately fell in love with. The writing was on point! I love, love, love the dialogue in this book and couldn't stop laughing at some of the conversations that went down, especially the ones involving the twins because they were a riot. I liked how family played such an important role in this book and one particular thing that stuck with me throughout this story was Kali's relationship with her stepmother, Portia. It's not very often I read a romance where a stepmother and stepdaughter have such a close relationship like these two did. They were practically best friends and I kind of want to read more stories with a relationship like theirs.

Kali is me and I am Kali. Honestly, I think Kali and I were separated at birth because we are so alike, we even say the same phrases! I adored her and just loved everything about her personality. She comes of as this headstrong woman with a side of sass, but she's got some some underlining insecurities. Also, give it up for Kali for saying fuck stereotypes and being a handywoman. Brantley is a little fine ass and and wonderful father, even if he does stumble here and there. I love the chemistry between Brantley and Kali but I will say it was painful waiting for them to take things to the next level. But when things finally did go down...IT WAS HOT! And lets not forget the precious twins, Eli and Ellie. I love the twins but their incessant fighting drove me up the wall. Those two needed more times outs, especially when they were being little cock blockers. 

Miss Fix-It is an oh-so-cute and adorable rom-com romance that everyone needs to read. It will leave you with such a goofy ass grin on your face, your cheeks will ache. I'm definitely adding a few more Emma Hart books to my TBR and I can't wait to get to them soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment