The Knocked Up Plan - Book Review

No comments:
TITLE: The Knocked Up Plan

AUTHOR: Lauren Blakely

PUBLICATION DATE: June 23, 2017

MY RATING: ★★★★
There are three little words most guys don’t want to hear on the first date. Not those…I mean these… “knock me up.”
This single gal has had enough of the games, the BS and the endless chase. I know what I want most, and it’s not true love. It’s a bun in the oven, and I’m not afraid to hit up my s-e-x-on-a-stick co-worker to do the job. Ryder is gorgeous, witty and charming — and he’s also a notorious commitment-phobe. That makes him the perfect candidate to make a deposit in the bank of me.
I won’t fall for him, he won’t fall for me, and there’s no way baby will make three.
Right?
****
There are four words every guy wants to hear on the first date — “your place or mine?”
When my hot-as-sin co-worker makes me a no-strings-attached offer that involves her place, my place, any place — as well as any position — I can’t refuse. Besides, I've got my own reasons to take her up on her deal even with her one BIG condition.
There’s no way I’ll want more from one woman than any position, any where, any night? Except . . . what if I do?

Be prepared to swoon and fan yourself from the heat! This full-length standalone contains lots of hot baby-making s-e-x, happy tears, playful jokes and a hot, swoonworthy hero you will fall madly in love with. One-click now for pure reading enjoyment!
PURCHASE LINKS: 
AMAZON || BARNES & NOBLE || GOODREADS 


The Knocked Up Plan focuses on Nicole and Ryder, two coworkers that both believe that love just isn't in the cards for them anymore. They each have their own reasons for thinking this and both of them have come to accept it. 

Although Nicole thinks that she will never get her happily ever after it doesn't mean she doesn't want another kind of love. After some consideration she realizes that she'd love nothing more than to have a baby, only thing is she wants to go about it in a pretty nontraditional way. First she thinks that getting a sperm donor will be the perfect way, but doing that will mean that she won't know very much about the donor besides what's on the medical charts. Then she gets an even better idea. She knows her coworker Ryder really well, so he seems like the best option. Only thing is how does one ask their coworker for their baby batter?

Ryder is happy and content with not falling in love ever again. After getting out of his last situation he thinks that riding solo is the best bet for him continuing on in his life. But then life throws him a loop. His friend and coworker Nicole wants to have a baby with him, well, she wants his baby batter and nothing more. The thought of making said baby is enough for him to agree, but seeing how happy it would make Nicole is also what drives him to say yes. It seems easy enough at first, have as much sex as possible to put the bun in the oven, then keep going with his life. He doesn't want to be attached to anyone again so easy peasy, but what if things that to change for both of them? 

Ok, this might be one of the cutest books I've read in a long while and I loved it!!

I absolutely love reading books with little kids or babies in them because I think there's nothing cuter than reading about a book bf being all daddyish so I was so excited to read this book. And I am so glad that I wasn't disappointed!!

Ryder and Nicole's relationship was the cutest and I really liked that they started out as good friends before they decided to go along with the agreement, and I loved how they slowly become more over the period of the book. Seeing them go from friends to lovers was so cute (I guess I'll be using this word a lot lol). And Ryder was seriously so swoon-worthy!! The guy could melt panties and make your heart flutter all in the same breath, and he is definite book boyfriend material.

Nicole was a joy to read as well because she was so headstrong and knew what she wanted out of life but she also had a nice vulnerability that made the reader connect with her as a character. And both of them together were the funniest, I was laughing and smiling like an idiot the entire time I was reading!! 

I do wish we could've gotten some more of the story seeing them navigating more of the pregnancy and parenthood together, and I also think that the ending wrapped up a little too nicely and quickly, but I still enjoyed reading this so much!!

The Knocked Up Plan is perfect for anyone in need of a cute, quick feel good story that will make their hearts full and keep the giggles flowing. Plus theirs the added bonus of Ryder in all his glory (wink). If you're in the need for a read like this then do not hesitate to pick it up!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment